Who are we?
BioRebalance is the organization which collects personal data from www.biorebalance.co.uk in turn making it into a data controller. BioRebalance uses the data in order to improve the site experience, provide users with relevant content, and also service contracts such as the delivery of orders. This is in an effort to help our customers on their journey toward optimizing their health and well-being.
Who's in control?
BioRebalance is the “controller” of all the personal data collected and used from this site. This in turn means that is is our responsibility to decide how and why individuals’ data are used and ensuring that they are handled legally and safely.
Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted directly here: [email protected]
What data do we collect, and from where?
Data is collected from various points on the site, and during the checkout process. Typically, the first is when a visitor signs up for our newsletter (which may include a free PDF, guide, or eBook). The data collected at this point is solely the email address of the visitor.
If a user goes on to place an order on the site through the checkout then we will collect the following data:
- Full name
- Email address
- Full billing address
- Shipping address (if different from billing address)
- IP address
- Timestamp of the order
- Phone number (if it is chosen to be provided)
We do not process or control any data classed in any of the special categories.
What do we use your data for?
- We will use your data to service order contracts, ensure that orders are delivered to the correct address.
- We will use your data to help manage any queries you may have.
- We may use your data to profile our aggregated customer demographics.
- If you have opted in to receive marketing emails then we will use your data to provide you with the content.
How do we use your data?
BioRebalance will process (collect, store and use) the information provided in a manner that is compliant with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). It is our objective to keep your information accurate and up to date, but for no longer than is necessary. By law we are required to retain information, such as that which is required for income tax and audit purposes. How long the personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on the business needs.
What is our legal basis for using your data?
In most cases you will have opted in to receive free content, giving us your consent to process your data in order to deliver that content to you. If you have placed an order with us then we will use your details to service the contract of your order. This primarily includes ensuring that the contents of your order are delivered to the address specified. We will also retain your data for legal purposes such as audit and accounting.
Freedom of information
Under the Freedom of Information Act of 2000 we are required to provide certain information in response to Freedom of Information requests. You can make a request by emailing [email protected]. In order to respond to requests we will need to collect your email address.
Who do we share your data with?
We share your personal data with some third parties in some circumstances, as required by our business processes. This includes the use of third party suppliers to perform various services for us. The third party suppliers we share your personal data with are as follows:
- A third-party fulfilment company which handles orders for us
- A third-party email marketing provider
- Third-party payment processing providers
- A third party data tracking and management provider
How long do we keep your data for?
BioRebalance will process and hold personal data for at least two months, unless you withdraw your consent in which case we will delete your data. We require at least six months in order to be able to uphold our 60 day guarantee for purchases. We may hold your data for a number of years for legal reasons, primarily accounting purposes.
What rights do you have?
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that BioRebalance refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined in Section 11 below.
How can you contact us?
What if you have a complaint?
If you have a complaint please first get in contact with us so that we may resolve it for you. If you are still not happy then you have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Officer (ICO). You can find out more about this by visiting www.ico.org.uk
What if this policy changes?
BioRebalance requires consent in order to process your data. You may withdraw consent at any time by writing to [email protected]
Links to other websites
This site could contain links to other websites that are relevant. Once you have clicked on a link to leave our site, please be aware that we don’t have nay control over those other websites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.